Psion 5mx workflow in 2026
![]() |
| A lovely Ericsson MC218 handheld computer - a clone of the gorgeous Psion 5mx. |
Some call it "retro". Some call it "nostalgia". I call it "classic functionality".
Here we are in 2026, and I'm still using a Psion 5mx handheld computer from the turn of the Millennium. I'm a doctor working in the field of Clinical Genetics. Surely I should be using the absolute latest technology?
Here's the thing - a Psion 5mx remains (in my opinion) the pinnacle of usability for all sorts of reasons. I can write text on it. I can take notes on it. I can then transfer this to my "main computer" for editing and doing the sorts of things that modern people do with information.
I'll develop this post a bit to explain my rationale for using a fairly ancient device in the here and now, and the workflow I have developed that makes this efficient, enjoyable and effective. Stay tuned!

Comments
Post a Comment